Monday, February 8

"Mommy, can I take a nap?"

Around noon on Saturday, Ella was playing happily and suddenly asked, "Mommy, can I take a nap?" After the shock, I said, " Sure, that would be a great idea. And, if you take a nap you can go to Cate's this afternoon." (The background... Ella stop napping LONG ago. She is a great sleeper at night and goes to bed early. So, it wasn't that big of a deal. However, sometimes Brian and I can tell that a nap would do her a great deal of good. Also, Elizabeth, our neighbor and Cate's mother, had already asked if Ella could come over and play around 2pm. I hadn't told Ella this yet since I didn't want to be asked every 5 minutes if it was time to go to Cate's yet. So, I used this as a little present/bribe for taking a nap.) Brian got home not long after she went down. He asked where she was, and I explained. He was stunned and asked if I laughed.

Ella crashed, and I couldn't help but to snap this...

No comments:

Post a Comment