Wednesday, September 1

Will's First Day of School

This week Will started school. I feel that I have been very lucky to keep my babies home until this age, but he is definitely ready now. However, I woke up this morning with the same stomach ache that I woke up with every year that I was in school. With all of the research and asking around that I did I know that he'll be just fine, but I still worry. I have learned that once they start school they begin to grow up so fast. Also, not that they are perfect, but they also come home with some not so great things that they learn at school.

Will is going to Memorial Drive Presbyterian's Children's Day Inn program. He will go Monday & Tuesday, 915am-230pm. This is a bit longer than Ella went. She only went until noon. I liked that much better.


My big boy is ready to go...



We have heard that we got lucky and got 2 of the best teachers at the school. I sure hope they are good. The class is 75% boys!



Will's school gives 'Sunshine Reports' everyday to let you know how the day goes. Here's some things to remember from his first couple of days at school..

Theme... Coming to School/ Making new friends
Language Activities... identify location of items in classroom, name game, numbers, shapes, color-red,
Arts/Crafts... Place Mats & Color Book
Manipulatives... sorting by colors, dress-up, magnets
Creative Movement... Name Game, jump, animal actions
Kid Quote... What would you like to see in your lunch? "Goldfish"
Favorite Activity... outside play, sandbox, cars, and most of all looking at the fish 'Bubble Lou'
Other... Will was happy sweet, and active. He liked to play with all of the toys and was very eager to interact with his friends
Disposition... Happy & Cooperative
He napped both days for about an hour. (this is awesome consider he's never napped anywhere but in a room all my himself)
He's not real interested in eating lunch. The teacher has to keep telling him '3 more bites'. Then, he likes to tell everyone else, "3 more bites. 3 more bites. 3 more bites."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he looks like such a little man in those pictures. That first one was almost shocking!

    ReplyDelete