Monday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day

This has been just an awesome few days. Last week we were stuck inside due to some very cold weather. This weekend the sun decided to come out and warm us up a lot. It's been in the low 70's and gorgeous. The kids are playing outside, and we know it won't be too long before we'll be jumping in the pool.

Brian and I had our Valentine's night out on Saturday. We went out to eat at Bistro Provence. The food was delicious. We had steamed mussels first. They were cooked perfectly with an absolutely yummy sauce. I thought Brian was going to lick the bowl. Luckily, there was fresh bread for him to use. Second, I ordered the onion soup, yum, and Brian got the special tomato soup of the night, super yum. For the main course, I ordered a goat cheese ravioli, and Brian got the lamp chop special of the evening. Everything was cooked great, and it made me miss France way too much! Small portions of fresh flavorful food. We enjoyed that we were full but not absolutely miserable like most restaurants around here. After dinner, we went and met Rachel and Justin at City Centre. They were in town visiting family, and we were so excited to see them. We went with them to get dessert at Sweet, a new cupcake place. We had cupcakes, and I also had a french macaron.. my favorite.

Will has been so ready for Valentine's Day just like Ella. He has been telling me every morning that I am his sweetheart and his best friend. He is such a little lover!

Today the kids had their parties at school. They were both so excited this morning. Ella got a Hello Kitty umbrella and a cool round puzzle. Will got a book and a Baseball Guys set. Brian and I don't tend to give gifts. But, I gave him a bag of his favorite chocolates... Toblerone. And, he surprised me during my volunteer time at school with some GORGEOUS flowers. My favorite flowers are tulips. The bouquet he got is fabulous. It also has stargazers which smell up the whole house. It got so much attention at school especially since he delivered it himself. I think I will keep him!

Ella wasn't much into posing today. She was ready to leave for school.


Will just thought he was hilarious this morning.



The card that Will decorated at school.



GORGEOUS...



No comments:

Post a Comment